Sunday, September 20, 2015

These Pictures Don't Go With This Post











Our week has been hard- normal life stuff- but still, it took some extra effort for us to stay lifted.  Bills were paid, our car was broken into, and we got some news that our cute Tally may need surgery on his eyes.  Tally has intermittent exotropia (basically a fancy word for a lazy eye).  The biggest concern with this is the effect it has on depth perception.  It can effect things like Tally's ability to sit up, stand, walk, etc.  So far, he's right where he should be!  After patching his good eye every day at home I noticed they were getting worse, not better like the ophthalmologist said it would.  I made an appointment to see him again and he said we had three options (sort of).

1. Eye exercises
2. Glasses
3. Surgery

You can't exactly do eye exercises with a 6 month old haha (following directions is a little difficult haha) so we opted for glasses!  After calling over 15 stores I finally found A) a store that actually carries glasses for a 6 month old and B) a store that would price match for me!  I felt so adult.  I got a great deal on some glasses and we are praying that it'll help and that we won't have to do the surgery! The though of putting my baby under general anesthesia at this age is honestly terrifying to me.  I realize we are so blessed to have a healthy baby and I so look up to all of the parents taking care of children with health issues that are far more serious.  More posts on Tally's eyes to come! 

Today was simple, today was regular, and that's why today was perfect.  Tally hasn't been sleeping well the past two nights- he's been much more needy than usual- I'm thinking teeth??  Who know's though right?  One of my favorite pieces of advice I got when I became a new mom was that "once you've got it all figured out, they change again".  Tally was sleeping through the night (finally) for the past week or so and then BAM! Friday night he was up THE WHOLE NIGHT.  He has never done that to me before!  We seriously got like an hour or two of sleep.  He wasn't crying or acting like he was in pain but he just sat there with his eyes wide open and wanted to be cuddled all night.  I usually work Saturday's so it made for a long day at work- and needless to say Braedon and I were both spent by this morning!  He was up most of the night last night and church felt almost pointless today.  We were in and out of sacrament (mostly out) and didn't feel super prepared for our Sunday school lesson.  

However- the young women and their leaders sung, "A Child's Prayer", during sacrament and Tally quited down for the whole song.  My spirit was lifted.  

Our Sunday school students (age 15) played with Tally and talked about Homecoming the majority of the lesson, but near the end I got to listen to one of our students talk about her experience in the temple, and then Braedon bore his testimony.  I could tell each of the students were listening, and again, my spirit was lifted.  

Like I mentioned, earlier this week my car was broken into and along with it my stroller was stolen, a bag of clothes for Tally that my sister had passed down to me, our essential oils diffuser, and basically anything they could find besides our carseat base.  Today my cute mother and father in law showed up with bags of clothes in the exact size that had been stolen, and I got to watch them play with Tally while I went through the clothes (to say we were spoiled is an understatement).  My spirit was lifted!  

Honestly, I started this post with no idea what I wanted to write.  I didn't even think I was going to talk about Tally's eyes, but it feels good to talk about it, and maybe even ask for your prayers.  

I'm so grateful for Sunday's, and for the opportunity they give me to feel "lifted" when I need some lifting!  (Cause don't we all sometimes?)

I love my boys, and I love where we're at in life right now. 

Oh, and did you notice? I decorated for Halloween (whoops).  

Happy Sunday! 
SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS