Sunday, September 20, 2015

I Never Wanted To Be A Mom








When asked, "What do you want to be when you grow up?", I was never one of those girls that answered, "A mom!"  I always knew that someday I would be a mother, but I always figured I'd also have a career- maybe because my mom also had a career.  Even though my mom rarely worked while growing up, I knew she was a nurse and I also knew how fabulous she was at her job!
Now that I've become a mom, I can't think of any better "career" or title.  If I had all the money in the world I'd stay home full time, but until then I'll choose to work a little and "live without".   
"You have nothing in this world more precious than your children. When you grow old, when your hair turns white and your body grows weary, when you are prone to sit in a rocker and meditate on the things of your life, nothing will be so important as the question of how your children have turned out. It will not be the money you have made. It will not be the cars you have owned. It will not be the large house in which you live. The searing question that will cross your mind again and again will be, How well have my children done?
" Do not trade your birthright as a mother for some bauble of passing value. Let your first interest be in your home. The baby you hold in your arms will grow quickly as the sunrise and the sunset of the rushing days."
-Gordon B Hinckely, "Your Greatest Challenge, Mother"

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS