Monday, June 29, 2015

Talmage // Four Months







Size (Diapers, Onesies, Etc.): Size 3 diapers, and size 3-6 month clothing.  He's seems to grow right along with the size of clothing which has been super convenient!  We had his pediatrician appointment today and he is 14 lbs, 26 inches.  

Eyes:  Tally's eyes are the prettiest blue and they get bluer and bluer by the day!!  He's also got huge eyes like his Dad (and I guess his mom too!).  He's pretty sensitive to different noises and it's pretty funny when something startles him- his eyes look like they're going to pop right out of his head!! 

Hair:  Tally's poor hair is pretty patchy, but we've trimmed it in a few places and it's looking a (little) less nappy haha.  The color totally depends on the light.  In some lights it looks blonde, but in some  it looks way more strawberry!  His Dad had strawberry blonde hair so I'm thinking he's just gonna be a little clone!

Sleeping: Not the worst sleeper ever, but also not the best!  Tal usually takes 3 naps during the day but when we hit the 45 minute mark we have to help him fall back asleep.  But he'll nap for up to 3 1/2 hours which is great!  He loves to be sung to sleep, especially primary songs.  He also loves to have his forhead tickled and his eyes will droop and finally close if I tickle his face! Cutest thing.  He gets super mad if you try to give him his binkie-he know's if he takes it that he'll fall asleep right away!  Unless he's super tired I can't get him to take it.  At night he goes anywhere from 4-12 hours without eating- yes I know, it's quite the range!!  He's actually at his happiest during the night though and has the biggest smile on his face when I come to get him- even at 3am.  As long as I nurse him, he goes back to sleep super easy so I'm not too worried about it.  It's kind of like russian roulette every time I put him to bed- will I get a solid 8 hours of sleep or will I be up in 4?? haha

Eating: Tally is still exclusively breastfed.  He eats about every 3-4 hours during the day and takes a bottle of pumped milk while I'm at work. We are currently trying to decide if we want to start solids or just wait till 6 months!  I'm leaning towards six months right now...it's just SO much easier!  

Milestones:
-Babbles all the time!
-Can hold his head up
-Likes to be sitting up or standing (with help)
-Grabs at toys
-Follows objects, recognizes Mom and Dad and turns his head to find us
-Working on sucking on his fingers-he's seriously always trying to naw on them!  He's getting pretty good.  I might have a thumb sucker on my hands :/
-Smiles all the time and giggles- those giggles are harder to come by but sooooo stinking cute!

Loves:
-Baths
-Singing
-Standing up
-Being tickled, kissed, and played with (prefers it over toys)
-Sticking his hands in his mouth
-When his dad says, "buddabuddabaaa" haha
-When I sing "Itsy Bitsy Spider" or "YMCA" and do the actions with his hands haha (the things we do for our kids)
-His carseat.  When I buckle him up he kicks his legs and gets super excited!

Hates
-Going down for a nap
-Not being watched haha; if I'm eating dinner and he's sitting in his chair he makes all sorts of noises so that I'll look at him. 
Honestly, he's a pretty great baby.  Unless he's tired or hungry, he loves to smile and play and is pretty content. We love this little man!  Happy four months Talmage!   
SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS