Monday, July 27, 2015

Talmage // Five Months








Size (Diapers, Onesies, Etc.): Still size 3 diapers, and size 3-6 month clothing.  I'm guessing he's somewhere around 15 lbs now although he feels SO heavy to me!

Eyes:  Still super blue!  I think we've got a clone of Braedon on our hands and I wouldn't want it any other way!

Hair:  We're finally getting some more growth but mostly just on the top! haha.  It's mostly blonde but looks strawberry depending on the light and what he's wearing.  It looks so dark in all these pictures!  

Sleeping: More consistently does at least six hours at night-maybe starting solids has helped?  It's hard to know! Lately he's been up and at it at 6 am though!  He's pretty happy in the morning and I can usually just let him babble in his crib, or feed him and stick him in his swing so I can get a few extra minutes of sleep!  He still fights his naps and we have to trick him into them haha (unless we're out and a about and he's being rocked to sleep).  He refuses a binkie (trust me, I've tried several and even put "soothies" from the hospital and a dip of breast milk to see if that helps), but he's found his thumb and once he gets that in his mouth it's game over!  Kind of a bad habit but I guess it's better than nursing him to sleep every time! Baby steps  I guess ;).

Eating: Well if you saw my post on solids you know that we took the plunge!  It's actually been kind of fun and he gets better at it every day.  I'm excited to start trying new foods and make my own baby food.  He eats about every 3-4 hours during the day and takes a bottle of pumped milk while I'm at work.  Right now we usually do rice cereal in the morning and at night!  We haven't been too consistent at night because we are usually out and about when it'd be time to do it and it's just easier to nurse him than mix it up and make a mess.  We're getting there though!

Milestones:
-Babbles all the time and SQUEALS!
-Can hold his head up great, and is starting to sit up better.  We can do like five seconds usually haha.
-Likes to be sitting up or standing (with help)
-Is more interested in toys-particularly this stupid giraffe named Sophie (we actually love her but can't believe we gave in to the craze!)
-Follows objects, recognizes Mom and Dad and turns his head to find us
-Loves to chew on his hands and has started sucking his thumb
-Is totally ticklish like his parents!
-Gets this little bashful grin and bats his eyes- total flirt
-Has found his toes and loves to grab onto them
-Has started teething.  Apparently this can last for months....what???

Loves:
-Baths (kicks his legs pretty furiously and loves to splash)
-Singing, Dad playing the guitar, etc.
-Standing up with help
-Being tickled, kissed, and played with (prefers it over toys)
-Sticking his hands in his mouth
-Tickling his face with a blanket or my hair
-Going on walks
-When his dad says, "buddabuddabaaa" haha
-When I sing "Itsy Bitsy Spider" or "YMCA" and do the actions with his hands haha (the things we do for our kids)
-His carseat.  When I buckle him up he kicks his legs and gets super excited!

Hates
-Going down for a nap

This phase has been SO much fun.  Talmage is even more interactive and is just such a little love.  I can tell he has the sweetest spirit and he brings SO much joy into our lives.  I don't remember how I filled my days without him!
SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS