Sunday, July 26, 2015

What We're Doing

Doing a little catch up, and writing up what we're up to as of late.....
^^ Am I a bad mom?? ^^
If you're friends with me on snapchat pictures like this are pretty regular.  I'm obsessed with that squishy face!!


This is my attempt at trying to lose the baby weight.  Taco salad has been on repeat.... I use ground turkey, and make my own ranch w/plain greek yogurt and a ranch packet!  Also, any of you girls out there also doing #thekaylamovement?  I seem to get to about week 6 and then fall off the wagon.....burpees are death.  Where is my motivation??


Tally and I have been taking trips to the library.  The walk in the stroller is nice and I like to think that I'm picking out books because he loves them but really I'm just sick of re-reading the books that we have and I need a variety haha.  I didn't exactly LOVE any of these.  Will someone please make a Harry Potter picture book for me??


I got this little gem of a journal from Target.  Braedon rolled his eyes and reminded me about all the other "cute" unwritten in journals that I have.  He told me I wouldn't write in it, which has been my motivation to make sure I keep it up! (HA!- we work well together I think).  Basically it's just a line a day, and I write things like, "Tally realized he has toes today and has started grabbing them at every chance he gets".  The journal is meant to be kept for FIVE years, and is set up so that the next year I will write something on the same page as the previous year.  Such a fun little comparison!  


This was taken on the 4th of July- Tally was as hot as hades so stripped down to the diaper was the answer!  A little ghetto but I'm telling ya this kid loves to be naked.  The laughs and smiles were worth it!! Also, can we talk about his cheeks for a minute??  His face is literally sagging they're so large.  

In other news.....Braedon is busy away working on secondary's for med school and I'm trying not to think about moving (my eyes start to sweat).  My job changed about 2 months ago and as a "transition nurse" I've started to attend deliveries and take care of the baby.  It's amazing to be able to be a part of something so spiritual, and truly incredible.  It's also quite a rush and can be nerve wracking- time is pretty crucial if anything needs to be done to help the baby breath after delivery etc.  I love the adrenaline rush but the responsibility is very real!  

Talmage still remains the center of our world.  He's starting to sit up really well, laugh, look for mom, and squeal and babble.  Sometimes Braedon and I have different opinions on how to parent, and that can be challenging, but we are learning so much from each other and I'm grateful for a husband who's so involved with our family.

Thanks for reading!
SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS