Monday, March 23, 2015

Newborn Photos + Thoughts


Talmage's amazing Nona Lise was sweet enough to take some newborn photos of our little family. You could say we had fun....we only took over 400 photos haha.  I'll spare you the time and post them in increments, these are just a few of my absolute favorites. Talmage was only a week and two days old in these pictures.  I had just nursed him before we started so he was in this cute milk drunk phase with his eyes all half open.  Towards the end of the shoot he totally fell asleep and it made for some adorable pictures!  I especially love all the pictures we took of his little details- his hands, his feet, his ears and his adorable cushy lips.  I love this little boy so much my heart feels like it could burst!  As cliche or as cheesy as you wanna call it, I literally could burst into tears at any moment thinking about how lucky I am.  I am one happy mamma, that's for sure.  

^^ the details ^^ 


^^ always sleeps with his mouth open- just like Daddy ^^ 







^^ I could kiss his toes all day ^^

^^ I can't wait to see what color those big eyes will be ^^ 













I adore those precious eyes!! 


^^ Angel baby ^^ 



^^ So in love with these two ^^

As I was nursing Talmage the other day my mind started thinking about the past few weeks and all of the things I don't ever want to forget.  So....some thoughts:

-During dinner the night Talmage was born Braedon told me he had thought of a name for our baby, but he was nervous to tell me since I had shot down almost every other one of his ideas.  After some prodding he finally told me the name, Talmage.  I told him, "I didn't hate it", and then jokingly said, "Well if he's born tonight then we can name him Talmage"!  Next thing we knew we had a baby boy in our arms few hours later.  While we were deciding on his name Braedon looked at me with tears in his eyes and said, "I don't care what we name him, we can name him whatever you want". 

-The first thing I ate after delivering was starbursts and fruity mentos.  Nothing else really sounded very appetizing and I didn't feel starving like most people said I would.  If anything, I didn't have much of an appetite.  My mom brought me a jamba juice the next morning and it tasted SO yummy.  It was the first "real" thing that I ate and enjoyed.  

-For the record, Talmage has officially pee'd on Dad during diaper changes WAY more than he's peed on mom. 

-Every once in a while Talmage will giggle in his sleep- I honestly think he's giggling, and a few people have witnessed it.  My nurse side worries at first that he's choking or not breathing right.  

-Talmage LOVES to be sung to.  Sing to him, and he is smitten.  Seriously, eyes wide open and he'll stare at you the whole time.  We do a lot of singing at our house now.  

-My first outing alone was to Target to get a few essentials for breastfeeding that I hadn't thought of before Talmage was born.  I couldn't even make it out of the door without tearing up, and I may or may not have bawled the whole car ride.  Call it hormones, but it was hard being away from my baby after being so close for so long!  

-At Talmage's 3 day pediatrician appointment he weighed 6 lbs 14 oz and was 20 inches long.  His birth weight was 7 lbs 3 oz and 18.5 inches long.  We are pretty sure they measured the birth length wrong in the hospital haha.  At his 2 week appointment he weighed 8 lbs even, and measured 21 inches long.  I may be tooting my own horn but it made me proud to think that was all my doing!  I feel lucky that nursing has gone so well for us.  

-Late at night when I'm nursing instead of looking at Facebook or Instagram, or playing candy crush (guilty), I just stare at his little face.  I don't think it will ever get old.  This boy is as sweet as sweet gets, and everyone that meets him feels the same way.  Can't believe how happy and content I feel with life right now, he has changed our world and most definitely for the better!  

-I might change my mind or think I was crazy for saying this later, but right now at this moment I feel like I was meant to be a mom, and I can't wait to have more kids.  I'm perfectly happy focusing on this new little peanut for a while, but I know I'm gonna crave labor, delivery, and the newborn phase again and again. I'm one lucky girl! 


SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS