Sunday, January 19, 2014

Banana Bread Zucchini Muffins

I have a love-hate relationship with baking.  Mostly just a love relationship.  I have always loved to bake- cooking came after I got married.  The problem here is I have a major sweet tooth.  It's the Aiken girl curse I think.  I make cookies, I eat the dough while baking, and then I eat seven cookies cause they just taste too good out of the oven to go to waste!

Oh well.

I got this recipe from my sister Missy who is a great cook.  She is super picky so I know that if I get a recipe from her I'll love it.  I'm actually surprised she likes banana bread zucchini muffins because she gave me a soup recipe once and omitted the zucchini because she doesn't like it.  Like I said, very picky.  I love zucchini.  

Anyways, you should make these.  

And zucchini is spelled wrong below.  Don't worry, I'm a nurse.  


Also I forgot to include the flour in this picture.  It's been a while since I've blogged ok?


Ingredients:

3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
3 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
3 eggs
1 banana (mashed)
1 cup oil
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups zucchini (I used two medium sized zucchini's)
*Extra cinnamon and sugar to sprinkle on the pan before baking, and on the top of your muffins after baking

First set your oven to bake at 325 degrees.  Spray your muffin tin with pam and sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on top.  




Next mix your dry ingredients in a large bowl.  (Sugar, cinnamon, flour, baking soda, baking powder)


Next I grated my zucchini.  You need two cups- I used two medium sized zucchini's.  


Yum.


Now you can add your "wet" ingredients in a separate large mixing bowl. 



Once the wet ingredients are mixed, slowly add in the dry ingredients about 1 cup at a time.  



Finally, add to your muffin tin (or bread pan). Bake at 325 degrees for about 35 minutes.  The bread is supposed to bake for 45 minutes so at 25 minutes I started checking my muffins about every five minutes.  (I'll call you every five minutes! Name that movie).  Missy lives in California and says everything bakes faster there so hers only baked for 15-20 minutes.  


I've never made muffins before and I feel like I filled the cups way too high.  I had some huge muffins!  Oh well, they tasted (and smelled) amazing.  Obviously I couldn't wait until after the picture to eat one.  You'll want to take a butter knife and gently flip them out of their tins before they cool or they'll stick to the pan.  


Mmmmmm these are so dang good.  I still have tons of batter leftover so tonight I'm going to bake them in a bread tin and add lots of milk chocolate chips.  Whoops.  

Now go make them, or come eat mine so I will stop.  

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS