Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Embarrassing

This morning I had to ask for work off.  Not because I was sick, but because I'm so sore that I'm walking like a T-Rex. 

I told my manager I was happy to "T-Rex" my way in to work if they needed me, but she informed that there would be no "walking with dinosaurs" today.  I've got some pretty great co-workers, but I have a feeling I would've become the next you-tube prodigy had I shown up.  



Let me rewind a few days.   Braedon and I have this new found commitment to the gym and started the week off right by heading there right after work.  We declared it leg day.  We left feeling like jello (signs of a satisfying workout) and I kept telling myself- "no pain no gain".  The next day I noticed my legs were sore right when I got out of bed- to be expected right??  Little did I know that today I'd wake up walking like a T-Rex because my calves are SO sore that the thought of straightening my leg, or letting my heels touch the ground, sends waves of fire + feeling like I'm giving the 1-ton man a piggy back ride! Ps he does exist, I watched a show about him on TLC.  

Anyways.  Braedon's been on my case about not "babying" my calves, so we took a spin around the living room together.  Yes, he held both of my hands and walked me around the room, laughing all the while as I cried and laughed simultaneously.  We got a little glimpse of what our 90 year old selves will be like.  I've already declared that I'm going first.  This has happened a few times in our marriage (me laughing and crying at the same time) and I'm convinced Braedon looks forward to these moments of delirium I sometimes get.

^^ You can find me on the couch ^^
So what's your week been like??


SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS