Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween

Halloween is my favorite holiday.  It may just be because I love this time of year- the fall weather, pumpkin goodies, oversized sweaters, leggings and boots, hot chocolate and Utah football (had to throw that one in for my fam- go utes!). Halloween also means our annual pumpkin carving contest at the Murdock's (my mother in law sure knows how to host a party) and the annual costume party hosted by my best friend, Micah Ricks, and her husband.  Get ready for a photo overload...



My cute mother in law, Elise, had a little surprise on each of our plates (hence, awesome glasses above).  I just have to rave about her for a second. She makes this amazing chili and to die for breadsticks every year for dinner, and puts together gift bags for the whole family.   Talk about hostess with the mostest.    



We're pretty serious pumpkin carvers.  


If you know me well, you know I'm the epitome of accident prone.  This is why Braedon carves, and I oversee.  Actually, when I cook, he's usually the one to chop most of the veggies. We make a good team.  



The "unveiling" of the pumpkins.  Can you guess which pumpkin is ours?  


I married into such a fun family.  I feel so fortunate to have been a part of this tradition for three years now!  (Wow).  





This photo really just sums up our family.  Clad in plaid.  Tis the season! 



We went as Austin Powers and "his girl" for the Ricks' Halloween Party.  We had so much fun eating delicious soups, playing games, and dancing to the DJ!  We even won third place for the costume contest and took home the movie, "Beetle Juice".  What a classic! 




Check out those platforms- it's a miracle I didn't trip ;). 


SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS