We had a busy week over here in the Murdock household! Grammy and Sara came to visit us in DC and help with the house hunt. We kept them busy and Sara helped with my kids a ton so that grammy and I could see lots of houses. Tally's only request for a house is that is has a backyard. And maybe a basement. I think after years of apartment living this little boy is ready for some space to run and explore! We are getting pretty excited about that possibility. We also flew back with my mom and Sara to Utah! We get to spend a big chunk of time here so that I can be at Morgan's birth. She's been preparing for an unmedicated delivery and I'm pretty excited for her and very honored that she asked me to be a part of it. Plus, she is delivering at St. Mark's so I feel all sorts of nostalgia about it being my old workplace and where I also delivered Tally. Gosh I just love birth!
We do really miss Braedon though. Tally was super sad when he realized that he couldn't come and would miss his birthday. He's pretty fixated on having a birthday party and said, "but Dad is invited to my party!" They got to FaceTime last night and it was the cutest thing watching them talk. He is turning into a little person. They decided on having "two birthday's" and doing a "Daddy day" when we get back to celebrate. Tally is especially excited about playing Zelda with Braedon when we get home. Nerds!
We've officially entered the terrible two stage with miss Quinny. She is all things mischievous. However, she balances it out pretty well with her darling voice and sweetness. Oh boy can she flip the switch though! As you can see below, we can't leave her unattended for too long....
And here we have a Pure Luck event. I tried to carry all of my groceries up to our apartment in one trip....and well... I tripped. My bags went flying and I took quite a tumble. A face plant and a scraped knee later, I wasn't discouraged enough to try again. But at this point, my bags had suffered from skidding across the floor and couldn't handle the pressure! One by one my groceries started dropping out of the bags....
Quinn's new thing- "I take picture!" I have lots of these gems saved...
Tally remains the snuggliest kid around. This is a typical "quiet time" for us. Quinn naps in her crib, I nap or read a book while snuggling Liv and if Tally is really tired he'll sneak in to cuddle us after he's spent some time building legos or creating something.
Livvy! Look at that gummy grin! That outfit used to be Quinn's and I just love seeing my favorite outfits get recycled.
Tally in his happy place. He would die of happiness if we let him have a pet lizard! This was at the aquarium. We spent our Saturday with grandpa- the aquarium and chik-fil-a make for a perfect date!
The smiliest bean around. Liv is tall and skinny and just so happy. Doesn't take much to get her to beam up at you.
These two are pretty tired after a busy week. Quinn was requesting to snuggle with Tally and it just melted my heart.
Tally got to tag along to the Utah basketball game with grandpa! He came home so happy and couldn't stop chatting my ear off about it. Before he left he asked if Quinn could come and said, "I was just trying to be nice. She would have so much fun. That's what brother's do!" Quinn kept asking where Tally was while he was gone. They really are best buds. I let Tally go give Quinn a goodnight hug and he climbed right into her crib to snuggle her, give her a kiss and tell her that the Utes WON! Then they asked if they could sleep in the same room, and I just couldn't say no! I was regretting my decision when they woke each other up at 5:30 in the morning. Yikes. The fun ended there and I separated them and told them it was THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT! haha. Luckily they both went back to sleep, but I can tell they are both worn out from our many adventures and need a catch up day.
Other than really really missing Braedon, we are doing well! Until next week!








No comments:
Post a Comment