Tuesday, July 12, 2016

4th of July 2016 + our Last Sunday in UT


Our last Sunday in UT I went to my parents ward.  It was fast Sunday and I loved hearing ward members that I grew up knowing get up and bear their testimonies.  So much has changed since I lived at home!  One woman in our ward that I've known since we've lived there has been diagnosed with brain cancer and has very little time left on earth.  Her testimony was incredible, and she really made me stop and think about what's important in life.  Her  positive perspective was truly amazing.  


Tally is finally getting the hang of holding my hand, although he would much rather be allowed to run-free!  We are walking across the street from church back to my parent's house in this.  He is a busy boy and pretty independent.  I love that he will play by himself but he also likes to get into lots of trouble.  Just today I found a train in the toilet -_-.  I honestly turned my back for 3 seconds!  


I couldn't get over how handsome he looked in this outfit.  Those sandals kill me.  I also love that he WOULD NOT let go of that yellow train.  He is super into trains and balls, and usually holding at least one at all times.  I took these right after we left church and he held that train all the way home.  


The fourth of July we spent the day swimming, playing at the splash pad, eating popsicles, and having a bbq at my parents house.  We did fireworks that night and some other people in my neighborhood were doing them at the same time and they were amazing!  It was the best show we've had from our own lawn, hands down!  I felt like I was at a park.  Tally loved the fireworks and was just mesmerized.  He would point and say, "oooooh".  


I'm so sad we won't be able to take advantage of the splash pad at Willow Creek this summer!  They just built it and it was perfect for Tally-not too big or too "splash-y" haha!  He had a hard time learning that he couldn't just go take other kids' toys.  I finally found some good pool toys at Target and I think we are going to have a blast this summer in our pool at our condo.  They have a separate kiddie pool that's really shallow and perfect for Tally right now.  


The day before we left we got together with my friends and went swimming.  (We also met up at Chili's one night and loitered for 3hrs chatting over DC's, queso, and molten lava, but forgot to get a picture).  I loved getting together with these girls and our babes/ Lyndsi's nephew.  I can't believe we are at this stage right now!  It's weird to think that just a few years ago we were going to dance parties and staying up late eating pancakes at 3 in the morning.  These girls are friends for life and I'm so grateful to celebrate these milestones together.  


Leaving Utah was so surreal.  It was hard to say goodbye and I just keep reminding myself that we'll be back to visit.  I was torn because I loved being with my family but Braedon was here without me and I missed him a lot.  I'm sure my family was ready for some peace and quiet (and a living room free of toys!) once we left though!  It still doesn't feel real that we are miles away from friends and family.  
SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS