Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Tally // Seven Months

*For some reason I CAN NOT FIND Tally's seven month pictures.  Hopefully adding them soon!


Size (Diapers, Onesies, Etc.): Still size 3 diapers, and in 6-9 month plus some 9-12 month clothing.  I'm not sure of his weight right now because we don't see the pediatrician until he's 9 months!

Eyes: Still blue! Everyone we meet comments on how big and blue his eyes are.  If you saw my last post you know that Tally has intermittent exotropia.  Basically one of his eyes rotates outwards.  It mostly happens when he is tired and when he is looking far distances.  We decided to try glasses for a bit to see if that will help but if there is no improvement then we will move to surgery!  Hoping that with fasting and prayer everything will be just fine. 

Hair:  Tally has strawberry blonde hair!  I can see a few really light (almost white) hairs mixed in with the strawberry!

Sleeping: Still sleeping the same!  I'm beginning to wonder if he'll ever sleep through the night consistently! haha.  Good thing is it gives me a great excuse to take a nap with him everyday- and who doesn't love naps am I right?? 

Eating: Still exclusively breastfed and also eating solids.  So far he'll eat anything we give him!  The only things he protests with are beets and rice cereal!  I've started making my own baby food.  It's so easy to just blend something up and store it- totally makes sense to me and is so much cheaper! 

Milestones:
-Has learned to blow spit bubbles (not sure if that counts as a milestone haha)
-Sitting up so much better!
-Copies a few noises that we make! (Clicking our tongues)
-Scoot/crawls whenever he is on his belly.  He just kinda digs his head into the floor and uses it to help him move!  So funny. 


Loves:
-Still love music.  We got him a mini piano and he just goes to town with it! 
-Dogs
-Baths (especially w/ mom)
-Singing, Dad playing the guitar, etc.
-Standing up with help- if I am not helping him stand up he is in his jumper jumping away!
-Being tickled, kissed, and played with (prefers it over toys)
-Sticking his hands in his mouth
-Having his face tickled with a blanket or my hair
-Going on walks
-When mom or dad gets home from work

Hates
-Being tired or hungry
-Getting smothered by anyone besides mom when he's tired

The other day I got home from working a 12 hr shift and Tally was already asleep for the night and I was SO sad!! Usually I get to at least put him to bed.  Around 11pm he woke up and when I picked him up he gave me the sweetest little hug/ head butt you've ever seen!!  He just buried his head into mine and sat there, and then looked at me and did it again like, "Mom! I missed you!" It was seriously the BEST.  Working has had it's challenges because I miss him like crazy but I'm so grateful we've been able to make things work with me working part time!  It also makes our time together that much more special. 
SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS