Thursday, September 18, 2014

Canning Peaches // A Bumpdate

The past couple of days I've been canning peaches like a mad woman.  The first day (and the longest), I canned with my sister Sara.  The next day I canned w/Micah and since we had the system down and all of the bugs worked out it was a MUCH smoother process!!  Over the past two days I think we canned about 50 jars between the three of us!  When my mom walked in as I was cleaning up the kitchen she looked at me and said, "This is weird, three years ago you wouldn't bet doing anything near something like this".  She's right, but Braedon's stomach is sure glad I've changed my ways! My sweet mother in law let me use her pressure cooker and after calling my Grandma and my cousin a million times we figured out a system!  



Seriously, the best peaches I've ever eaten.  I just hope they taste this good in January!  


Also....we found out the gender of our baby!!!  What?? So exciting.  Braedon is a good husband.  I'm the world's most impatient wife. Actually- my sister is, but I take a close second.  We were planning on finding out from our OB at our 15 week appointment (this week), but I had seen that fetal photo would do it as early as 14 weeks.... I hit the 14 week mark and begged Braedon to let me go early.  

Braedon agreed to placate my impatience (also referred to my "excitedness") and we headed to fetal photo.  He told me we could do it on one condition, we would ask the ultrasound tech to write down the gender and we'd open it up together on date night.  I was secretly heart broken but felt like I was being a bit of a diva anyways so I agreed.  

The ultrasound tech started doing his thing and Braedon looked at me and said with a big smile, "We can just find out now!"  Cutest thing and I wanted to cry right then and there.  The tech looked at me and said in his Lithuanian accent, "Mom is right 80% of the time, it's a 50/50 chance, but she is right 80% of the time.  What are we gonna find mom?"

My answer: It's gonna be a boy.  

Honest moment: When I first got pregnant I felt like this baby was a boy, but I was really wanting a girl.  I was a little sad for about an hour after the ultrasound- mostly because we MIGHT have gone to FOUR baby stores in the mall after the ultrasound and I hated ALL of the boy clothes (stupid right??). 

However, it didn't take long for me to feel a total flip switch on and get my first "mamma bear" thoughts.  I already love this little boy SO much and I'm kind of (really) protective of him. I'm seriously so excited to have a little boyfriend and a clone of my favorite person-my hubs.  (Sorry for the cheese, but it's not over yet... see pictures below).


He finally looks like a baby!!!  His little legs are at the top just kicking away, and his perfect head is all cuddled right into me.  Baby boy had the hiccups during the ultrasound and I think my heart burst.  Who would've thought hiccups could be so cute??


My little man's profile.  I can't wait to kiss those cushy little lips!!!  

Last but not least, the "questions"...

How far along: 15 weeks

Total weight gain: At my last appointment my OB actually said I had lost a couple pounds, not to worry though, I have quite the appetite and am prepared to start packing on the lbs!! 

Maternity clothes: Nope

Stretch marks: Nope.  I just look like I ate too much cake.  

Sleep: If I could nap everyday I would.  

Best moment of this week: Telling everyone the gender of our baby!!!  It was so fun to see our family's reaction.  We've now sealed the "Murdock" name and there's no more pressure to carry on the line.  

Miss anything: Still missing diet coke, and waiting for my appetite for Thai food to come back :(

Movement: Lots of movement according to the ultrasound, just can't feel it yet!  

Food cravings: Steak. 

Anything making you queasy or sick: Only if I go too long without snacking/eating a meal!  

Have you started to show yet: Other than a little food baby no, not really.  

Gender: BOY!!!! 

Belly button in or out: In

Wedding rings on or off: On

Happy or moody most of the time: I'm starting to get more energy back and have been feeling more like myself, so I'd say HAPPY!!  

Looking forward to:  Feeling some movement and going on a baby-moon!  
  



SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS