Sunday, April 27, 2014

Finals Week

Finals week reminds me of summer drill team practices.  Basically they just suck.  No one wants to get up at 5:30 am to run around a track with 21 other girls when all your other friends are sleeping in. 

Luckily, I can now call myself a stranger to finals week.  Sadly, my husband is still a frequent flyer and won't gain the stranger title for, oh, ten years or so.  While he's been locked up in the office studying for four hours I've been online (window?) shopping (not sure what the term is when you don't buy anything), watching Harry Potter, blogging, and napping.  My poor husband.  

I'm really just so grateful for how dedicated he is.  

Tonight, during our weekly planning session, we went over some goals and one of his really stuck out to me.  He told me he was sorry for making himself so busy with school, volunteering, lab research hours, etc., and that he wanted to focus more on the family.  See, I figured all this "stuff" he's been doing was just that-focusing on our future family.  

He told me he would make time for something I wanted to do this week, because some of that other "stuff" just wan't as important.  Talk about make my heart melt.  

So take that finals week.  


SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS