Wednesday, February 26, 2014

My Valentine

I've gotten a little behind on blogging (wish I had a dollar for every time I read that).  So yep, I'm gonna bore you all with another sappy Valentines post.  It was a perfect three day weekend and had me really feeling spring fever.  Spring break can't come soon enough!! 

Braedon and I really didn't have any big Valentine's plans this year (or so I thought).  He's a pretty dedicated guy and was committed to volunteering for the U-fit program which he participates in every Friday night.  They teach sports to kids with disabilities- I went with him once and it was the sweetest thing to watch him in that environment.  

When Braedon got home late Friday night I surprised him with some Nutella, strawberries, and sparking cider.  (What's more romantic that Nutella right??)  Braedon was a sweetie and about a week before Valentines day told me he didn't want anything, and he had something he already got me which would put us over budget if I got him anything. The dork.  Seriously, I found a gem, and I don't deserve him!  If only I was a fraction as selfless and hardworking as Braed.  

 I came home from work the next day and the house was spotless, plus there were some fresh roses on the kitchen counter.  I don't care how cliche it is, I still love getting flowers every once in a while.  There is something so chivalrous about it!  

But it doesn't end there! Braedon surprised me with tickets to go see Ballet West's Sleeping Beauty.  And guess what?  He even pretended to enjoy it while we were there.  It was so fun to get dressed up, eat a "fancy" dinner, and act sophisticated for the night.  Besides taking a selfie in the full length mirror I think we pulled it off pretty well.  
 

So we had planned to go to Cheesecake Factory for dinner and thought we were beating the system by getting there at 5:00.  Apparently so did everyone else and there was a 2 hour wait.  A bit of a buzz kill and we were both pretty HANGRY at this point.  Our families and close friends know that if either of us are hungry, it's best to save conversation once theres some food in our hands.  



I just couldn't resist.  Sorry for embarrassing you Braedon but these things need to be documented!  



As if I didn't feel spoiled enough, I also got some pretty freakin cute nike's and a sports bra that I've been vying after for a while now.  Little did I know Braedon checks my Pinterest "wish list" on the regular.  Seriously, I don't deserve him.   

Not having school the following Monday made us both giddy!!  We couldn't wait to plan what we wanted to do! We slept in, went to Sharon's cafe for breakfast (thank you for the arthersclerosis Sharon), and took the morning slow.  Then we decided to go steal my sister in law's dog, Gatsby, and go to the park to play.  We had a blast and it was definitely a good workout!  Made us both (mostly me) kind of dog hungry.  


He's cute.  (Braedon).  (Ok and the dog).  




After the park we explored Scheel's for the first time and shared some chili cheese fries to which Braedon expressed his gratitude that I wasn't afraid or too much of a "girly girl" to indulge in such a dish.  Should I be embarrassed? And why do I keep talking about food?? That night we went to dinner with my fam, and watched a movie when we got home.  My idea of a perfect day off.  Getting back to real life was a bit of a pain and we can't wait for another break in March!!  Spring break get here already!!  
SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS