Wednesday, February 5, 2014

My F316 Girls

I figure my life long friends deserved a little shout out.  Get prepared for a novel.  Through our freshman year of college, from break-ups, to missions, to engagements, and marriages, we've been able to pick up right where we left off each time we meet up.  As we've gotten older we've discussed changing out monthly dinners from Chili's to a more "grown up" establishment, but it just doesn't feel right.  Chili's is where we all bonded for the first time! 

Evolution of the Chili's dinners.... (not all are pictured)





All grown up, married, engaged, and freshly off missions.  


Despite all the years, we can probably all agree that nothing has really changed.  

These girls are my friends for life.  I wasn't really sure where I wanted to go to college and didn't really  have a plan after high school.  My dad encouraged me to try out for the UVU dance team and I figured, why not?  I ended up making the team, and convinced Taelor to move in to an apartment with me- with six other girls that we didn't know.  All we knew was that we would be getting put with other dancers from the team...which ended up being Whitney, and Micah. 
I used to hate the term, "tender mercies", as cheesy as it may sound....this was a huge tender mercy.   

Freshman year of college was a big year of change for me.  I had to decide who I wanted to be, and I where I wanted to go.  These girls were little missionaries to me without even knowing it.  The way they lived their lives and shared their testimonies through example helped me realize that I wanted that same happiness and confidence that they had.  We might have stayed up too late, too many times making pancakes, and gone to one too many dance parties, but the standards they upheld were a constant.  

They've put up with my clumsiness and learned to embrace it....


We've danced together...


And waited in below 30 degree weather together just to watch the season premier of Twilight.  Plus Lyndsi tickled my back...


We've gone on trips together and they put up with my hangry-ness...


We learned to keep snacks on hand...





I had each and everyone of their support through getting engaged to getting married....and holler Tae is getting married this summer!!  


We've celebrated farewells, and even better, homecomings...


It's safe to say, I love these girls...


Heres to 100 more years together.  P.S. you guys will get wrinkles first.  

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS