Tuesday, February 18, 2014

California Getaway

A couple weeks ago Braedon did a good thing.  He told me I should go to Cali to visit my sister and her cute kids, and on the plus side get out of freezing cold Utah.  I convinced my sister Sara to join us too, and we made it a party. It was perfect timing because my parents were going to visit my aunt and uncle who are serving a mission in Coronado.  It was the perfect amount of time and just almost enough sun to hold me over until spring break. 

Some highlights of the trip.... 

...starting a good book...
...drawing kitty faces on my niece Lexi...
...being silly at dinner...
...spoiling Lex and Colton with trips to the gas station for treats...
...snuggling on the couch...
...visiting the beach...
...tail running outside in a tank and not freezing...
..painting our nails in the hot tub...
...wanting to cry during a spinning class with my sister...
...whale watching...
...a little shopping, a lot of ice cream..
...laying out in the (sort of) warm sun...

I already can't wait to go back.  Lexi told me I have to bring Braedon next time though.  She kept wanting to FaceTime him while I was there and I think she might have just a little teensy tiny crush.  Its ok Lex, I have a crush on Braedon too!










After we took this picture Lex decided she needed kitty ears too, so we had to add that to the mix ;)










We got to celebrate Missy and Colton's birthdays, and ate lots of dessert.  Sorry for the blurry pictures, we were singing happy birthday and there was lots of laughing!



We even saw a whale!  Woo! Woo!

I'm so grateful Braedon sent me to go party with my fam, even though he couldn't come.  The boy just works too darn hard and can't miss a day of school.  I'm so grateful for him and his dedication.  When he sets his mind to something, he gets it done!  I saw this when we were dating and he started his very own window washing business pane and simple, which I later found out was a way for him to save some moo-lah for my engagement ring.  As we speak he's hunkered down in the office studying/ solving world problems through a little evil class called physics 2.
Love you sweetie.   

I have lots to catch up on this here thing called my blog.  Be excited for a sappy Valentines Day post, and all the wonderful things we've been up to lately.  
SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS