Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy New Year // Goodbye 2013

We rang in the new year with cafe rio and lots of fun games at the Murdock's.  My mother in law throws an awesome party complete with prizes, delicious treats, and of course Martinelli's!  We eat ourselves sick, get competitive, and wear silly new year's attire.  

One tradition I absolutely love that started when I married Braedon is participating in our annual "predictions".  We predict things about each family member at our traditional Asian Star dinner on Christmas Eve.  The predictions range from school to work, funny to somewhat outrageous.  It's fun to laugh and inspire one another for the new year.  We close the book, and no one reads it until next year when we read the last years predictions and reminisce on what really happened.  Interesting fact: Braedon's parents both predicted the right month we would get married two years ago and we weren't even engaged yet!  

Braedon and I have started doing our own personal predictions on New Years Day, and we also set our goals together in a special journal he got us for our first Christmas.  This year we went to Tsunami and stayed at the restaurant for close to two hours laughing about our predictions from last year and creating our dreams for this next year. 



 

Playing Bunco!  (I won most "losses", and took home a darling U of U shirt and milk duds)




Playing Telestrations...











Happy New Year!  I've decided to kick off this year right I'm going to attempt to read the Book of Mormon in 30 days.  If you'd like to join with me here is a little print out to help you keep on track!  


Wish me luck and have a Happy New Year!  

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS