Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Enduring It Well

Recently I was browsing through Pinterest and was led to a link with a Mormon Channel series called, "Enduring It Well".  
Each episode is about 30 minutes long, perfect for a commute- also why I was seeking out something both inspiring and "page-turining" or ear turning (?) to listen to- something to help the time spent in the car go a little faster.
The episodes are all about someone who has gone through a pretty life-changing trial, and of course, endured it well.  I would recommend listening to the episode "Lessons Learned" first.  We get to hear from our incredible prophet, President Thomas S. Monson, and one of his trials, as well as little blurbs of all the other amazing people, their trial, and what they learned.



I recently listened to an episode about a teenage boy who had been given pain medication that had mistakenly not been diluted by the pharmacist.  He got 20 times the dose (similar to taking 20 Percocet), and was in a coma for 72 days from an anoxic brain injury.  Hearing the story from his parents view as well as his view was both heart-wrenching and inspiring!

Some things I have really taken to heart from these episodes...
1. Even the prophet has dark days, but choses to seek the light
(why am I wanting to use a Harry Potter quote right now?)
"Happiness can be found even in the darkest times, if one only remembers to turn on the light"
-Albus Dumbledore
p.s. the prophet has a lot of better quotes.
2. When you receive something from the holy ghost it is eternal; Heavenly Father doesn't have to remind you again and again
3. He is there.  He is always there, and he will always be there.  No matter how many times we fall.

"Only the Master knows the depths of our trials, our pain and our suffering.  He alone offers us eternal peace in times of adversity.  He alone touches our tortured souls with his comforting words, "Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden and I will give you rest.  Take my yolk upon you and learn of me.  For I am meek and lowly of heart, and ye shall find rest unto your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light"
-Thomas S. Monson

Another favorite..(or two)

"Shall I falter, or shall I finish?"
-Thomas S. Monson

"We truly need Him every hour, whether it be hours of sunshine or hours of rain"
-Thomas S. Monson

Anyways, just listen to it.


 


I don't know why I included this picture, other than the fact that this lady just makes me want a hug!  She's adorable and her smile is infectious.  




Sorry about those last two.  Sometimes my inner Hunger Games/ Harry Potter obsession gets a little too out of hand and I have to just let it out.  I mean, talk about inspiring right?
Hope you have an awesome week!

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS