Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Newlywed Dinners: Easy Crockpot Meatballs

Alright, this is the epitome of easy.  I know some people are crockpot haters, but I am definitely a supporter.  I fully embrace the laziness!  Especially as I'm working full time, and the hubs is in school all day, sometimes the crockpot is our only chance at a homemade (hot) meal.  

The key to a "Newlywed Dinner"?  It's easy, inexpensive, and fools your husband into thinking your an amazing cook.  (All you do is throw the ingredients in the pot and cook on low for 5 hours).  Fool proof. 



Ingredients:
1.25 lbs of meatballs
1 cup honey flavored bbq sauce
1/2 cup peach preserves (jam works too)
1/4 cup packed darn brown sugar (can also use light)
1 1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper



Literally all you have to do is mix together the ingredients, add in the meatballs, and pour into the crockpot.  Cook on low for 5 hours.  

I threw some rice in the rice cooker and we paired it with some edamame. Done and done!  

Side note: as I was making this dinner Braedon came over to "give me a hug".  He looked at my shirt with terror and said, "Stef, don't move".  Bad idea.  I screamed my head off and jumped around the kitchen like an idiot!  I was wearing this fuzzy sweater and was convinced a spider had made its new home!  

Wanna know the sad part?  This has happened before. My friend Micah, was the witness.  Same look of terror, same overdramatic reaction. Turns out I just had chocolate on my face.  (In my defense, all I saw was a brown glob out of the corner of my eye...I mean it could have been a spider)
SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS