Sunday, November 10, 2013

Our Weekend



Since Braedon has been volunteering for the U-fit program every Friday, it kind of puts a little kink in our normal date night routine.  Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for a selfless husband who is willing to give up his Friday night, teaching sports to kids with disabilities, but I definitely miss spending the time with him!  He did a good thing and surprised me with tickets to see Thor, (I know I'm a nerd and wanted to see it so bad!).  By the way, it was awesome.  When we got home we set up our tent we won from Vivint and decided to have a campout in the basement-Murdock style.  Complete with a mattress and lots of blankets and pillows.



This tent is unreal.  I think we could fit a family of eight!  Saturday night we got to go to the LDS conference center for a musical performance.  President Monson even attended!  Everyone was chatting and when he walked in the room fell in a hush as everyone stood- it was amazing!  I have a hard time not getting choked up.  You can just feel the spirit testifying that he is our true and living prophet!  My favorite performer of the night was 11 year old Lexi Walker.  She stole the show!  Below is a video of her singing the National Anthem at the Real game.  



She is incredible right??

  

As if our weekend couldn't have been better, we had our Primary Program at church on Sunday.  Probably my favorite sacrament meeting!  All the sunbeams (the youngest children in primary) were lined up at the front of the stand to sing "Jesus Wants Me For a Sunbeam".  They were belting out their little hearts, and trying so hard to be reverent at the same time.  Three boys were crowded around the microphone and in between "jesus wants me for a sun....." we hear, "ugh stop pushing me!", "stop touching me!" right into the microphone! Braedon and I couldn't keep it together.  We were shaking we were laughing so hard.  The little trickster finally got in front of the microphone and made sure to finish the song with "I'll be a sunbeam for HIIIIIIMMMMM" (loud breathing).  It was so cute.   



My favorite song the Primary sang is called "A Child's Prayer"...

Heavenly Father, are you really there?
And do you hear and answer every child's prayer?
Some say that Heaven is far away...
But I feel it close around me as I pray
Heavenly Father, I remember now
Something that Jesus told disciples long ago
Suffer the children to come to me
Father in prayer I'm coming now to thee...

I sang this song with my sister and my cousins at my Aunt Carrie's funeral 15 years ago- but every time I hear it all of those feelings come rushing back! Carrie died in a car accident at a young age.  I was sobbing like a baby.  Braedon was probably a little embarrassed but gently put his arm around me, held me close, and let me get mascara all over his shirt.



Thanks for reading, 
 photo signature_zps5a4ae0f5.jpg
SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS